HERCULANEUM TourHalf or Full-day
- Duration: Approximately 2.5 hours (half-day), 5 hours (full-day)
- Weather conditions: The tour takes places rain or shine.
- Availability: Everyday
- Dressing code: Comfortable. No high-heels. Bring a hat in the hot summer days
- Meeting point: It will be specified after booking.
- No lines policy: You will not be standing in the entrance line and you will have a great guide only for you!
- Age limits The tour is suitable to anyone.If you have kids, please specify during your booking. We give you a guide specialized for kids.
- Special notes: Picures are allowed almost everywhere! Bring a plastic bottle of water.
- How to book: Quick and easy. Send us an email or use the form to contact us.
At the time of the eruption of Vesuvius, unlike Pompeii, which was buried under a rain of ashes and lava, Herculaneum was overwhelmed by a flood of mud and volcanic debris.
When they solidified they started to preserve, much better than at Pompeii, the tops of buildings as well as all organic materials, like wood, fabrics, remnants of food, etc.., so offers us a unique insight into the private lives of Ancient Romans.
We will take you to the most fascinating sites of Herculaneum. You will visit the Basilica, the House of Neptune & Amphitrite, the Thermal Spas of the Forum, the House of the Deer, the Palestra, the Forum and much more. The tour will take a bit more than 2 hours. The guide speaks excellent English.
Contact us for more info and to book your tours