NAPLES ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM TOURHalf or Full-day
- Duration: 3 or 6 hours
- Weather conditions: The tour takes places rain or shine.
- Availability: Everyday except Tuesdays
- Dressing code: Comfortable. No high-heels. Bring a hat in the hot summer days
- Meeting point: It will be specified after booking.
- Skip-the-line tickets: You will not wait in entrance lines!
- Age limits The tour is suitable to anyone.If you have kids, please specify during your booking. We give you a guide specialized for kids.
- Special notes: Picures are allowed almost everywhere! Bring a plastic bottle of water.
- How to book: Quick and easy. Send us an email or use the form to contact us.
Meet the Ancient Romans!
The National Archaelogical museum of Naples houses one of the world's most precious collections of Greek-Roman artworks. If you love art history and history in general, this tour offers the ideal combination of both.
The museum was founded by Charles VII, king of Naples in the late XVIII century. He wanted to preserve the treasures inherited from his ancestors, as well as all the discovered treasures during the excavations of the Ancient cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum.
On this tour we will see famous sculptures such as the Farnese Bull and Atlas; colorful mosaics such as the Battle between Darius and Alexander; 2,000 years old frescoes carefully preserved from the original houses in Pompeii, Stabia, and other excavated ancient towns buried by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD.
The collections are vast and include many different types of artifacts. We provide general tours of the museum highlights, as well as specific itineraries focused on a particular subject matter of your interest and/or your choosing which makes for a very personalized tour.
We suggest combining the museum visit with exploring the ancient ruins of Pompeii or Herculaneum in order to get a comprehensive and full understanding of what Ancient Roman life, art, and society was like in ancient Roman times. Imagine what it must have been like walking amongst Roman emperors, nobles, and every day people.
Contact us for more info and to book your tours